Fun Activities In Singapore To Do This Halloween
September is coming to an end, and it can only mean one thing – Halloween is just right around the corner!
With COVID restrictions eased and most activities back in full swing, look forward to these 4 Halloween-themed events for a night of endless spooks.
Warning: These are NOT for the faint-hearted!
1. Ride the thrill at USS Halloween Horror Nights
Every year when October rolls around, the iconic Universal Studios Singapore (USS) that we know and love, transforms into a frightful theme park,
Back for its iconic 10th edition, you’re spoiled for choice with three haunted houses, two scare zones, a laser tag challenge, macabre dining experiences and a behind-the-scenes tour!
Halloween Horror Night 2022 returns after a 2-year hiatus from 30 September to 5 November 2022, with tickets starting from $68. Get your tickets directly from Resort World Sentosa here, or via Klook here!
2. Bake some Spookylicious pastries at a Baking Studio in Singapore
Looking for something a little less aggravating for the heart? Why not bake your own twist on Halloween at some baking studios in Singapore.
And… drum rolls! BELLS Baking Studio has come up with its Halloween edition at their Suntec baking studio!
Participants young and old are encouraged to dress up in their frightful best while choosing between 2 Special Edition Halloween recipes
- Spookalicious Monster Cupcakes Recipe, OR
- Zombie Mike’s Brain Cake Recipe
Rest assured as all baking supplies and equipment are provided at the baking studio in Singapore, with expertly accredited chefs demonstrating every step along the way! This will be great for a couple’s night out, or even a family bonding session while learning a practical skill. This activity is kid-friendly too, so your little ones are more than welcome!
Apart from this Halloween special baking workshop, they are famous for providing a wide range of WSQ baking courses in Singapore for other kinds of confectioneries such as cakes, breads, tarts and cookies. All courses are taught at their perfectly equipped baking studios in Singapore , so do check them out here!
3. Board a Halloween-themed Cruise
The Royal Albatross sets sail for the shores of Pulau Blakang Mati, the former name of Sentosa, as it transforms into a legendary ghost ship!
A 2.5 hour journey that departs from the harbours of Sentosa at 8.30pm, be treated to the whole shebang with mocktails on board, followed by a themed five or seven course experience with free-flow soft drinks throughout the night.
Dress the part as you dine, and the best-dressed winners are up for a mystery prize!
Come hell or highwater, it’s time to set sail! Prices begin at $195 per adult for a 3-course meal, while bookings start from 29 – 31 October 2022.
Get your boarding tickets from the Royal Albatross here.
4. Go Trick-Or-Treating Across The Island
For a family-friendly option, bring the little ones trick or treating at your neighborhood estates to revive the kampung spirit and have some harmless fun, all while making precious memories as a family.
However, it’s best to do some homework in advance to maximise your candied returns! Some common tips include:
- Woodlands, Chip Bee Gardens and Opera Estate are well known as areas that welcome trick or treaters from nearby ‘hoods.
- Check with your child’s school if they’re organising any events of their own, or check in with the parents in your school group chat. Chances are, they are able to extend you an invite to their estate and join in their Halloween festivities.
- Keeping your child’s bedtime in mind, it’s best to start early (6pm) to also avoid the night crowds. This way, you can conclude the outing by 9pm and still bag lots of treats!
- Before setting off, get a full meal in and bring plenty of water to survive the trek. Insect repellant will come in handy too, especially for more forested estates!
- To really get in the mood, prepare a playlist of classic Halloween tunes that’ll be sure to put your little ones in high spirits!
With many other Halloween-themed events in the works, it’s time to get booking before slots run out!