A Beginner’s Guide To BELLS Baking Courses In Singapore
In this article, we’ll be sharing some of the best baking courses in Singapore to help you on your baking journey!
Baking is a wonderful pastime that offers both relaxation and satisfaction, and there’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked treats wafting through your home.
Whether you’re interested in mastering your bread-making skills or exploring the art of macaron making, Singapore has a wide range of baking courses to suit every level of expertise.
1. We offer a variety of baking courses in Singapore
We primarily offer four types of baking courses in Singapore:
- Cakes & Cookies (our first and most popular course to date!)
- Breads & Tarts
- Dim Sum Making
- Muffins, Scones & Macarons
From cakes, breads, macarons and even dim sums, there’s a confectionery course for every kind of baker out there! We also constantly reinvent and innovate our beloved recipes, so regulars will still walk away with brand new recipes that they can recreate at home.
2. We provide a structured course outline so you know what you’re learning
Take our Breads & Tarts course for example.
To summarise the course outline, here’s what we’ll be teaching you and more!
- Understanding how to use state-of-the-art, professional baking tools and equipment
- Understanding baker’s percentage formula when it comes to proportioning ingredients
- Understanding fermentation and gluten development to achieve fluffy tops
- Controlling temperature, correcting proportion of ingredients, fillings and toppings for baking
- Understanding proper measurements, sifting dry ingredients, resting dough and yielding
- Indicator of doneness and preventing common mistakes rookie bakers might face
- Methods of cooling and storing bread products to make them last
- Understanding knocking-back and shaping dough and scoring to create aesthetic designs
- Complying with food and WSH requirements so that you can feed your family and friends with a peace of mind
3. We provide hands-on learning plus our very own in-house recipe book!
Want some examples of recipes we teach at BELLS Baking Studio?
Recipe 1: Sakura Mochi Bun under the Breads & Tarts course is super popular among our students, as it’s reminiscent of the sakura flowers you can see in Japan! These Japanese-inspired buns are wrapped with mochi and red bean filling, which make for a great party addition popular among the young and old!
Recipe 2: On the other end of the spectrum, we have the Dim Sum Making course featuring dry-heat and moist-heat techniques. For the Thousand Layer Moon Cake (千层酥月饼), learn how to build alternating layers of coloured pastry, which gives the illusion of an infinitely-layered pastry. Super impressive!
If your work schedule is grueling or you’re a self-employed person hustling to make ends meet, we provide maximum flexibility to cater to people from all walks of life.
Choose from morning and afternoon classes, weekday and weekend classes!
Since prices of baking equipment are skyrocketing in today’s inflationary economy, we provide state-of-the-art facilities and equipment so you can experiment to your heart’s content, but we’ll also provide home-friendly alternatives to achieve the same delectable outcome! Refer to our dedicated TV with live view to follow the steps from trainers easily
Location-wise, we can be found at major shopping malls such as Eastpoint Mall (Simei MRT), International Plaza (Tanjong Pagar MRT), and our most Instagrammable studio, Suntec City Mall (Esplanade MRT)!
Suntec Baking Studio– Our most instagrammable baking studio in Singapore is located right at Singapore’s favourite Suntec city. It spreads around a 6000+sq ft area featuring some stunning interior masterpieces and industry grade equipment.
Did you also know?
Our WSQ baking courses are 100% SkillsFuture credit eligible!
Book here at BELLS Baking Studio to kickstart your culinary journey.