Learn hands-on Sound Engineering by seasoned industry professionals in big scale events at our tech enabled training space with high dynamic range capabilities – New Media Lab @Kallang Wave Mall.
Sound Engineering for Live Events
Learn Front-of-House (FOH) Mixing
Learn Basic Monitor (MON) Mixing
This course will equip you to support stage managers in preparing and successfully executing the audio reproduction and audio effects required in almost any live event and performance matching international industry standards.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
New Media Lab is BELLS’ next-generation media training center designed to provide with an all-integrated, tech-enabled event center and a wide spectrum of hands-on media courses accepted by the industry.
This is Singapore’s first 5G-enabled event & media training space for an immersive mixed reality experiences.
Collaboratively managed by BELLS Academic Group and Esports Entertainment Asia (EEA), NEW Media Lab is designed to provide with an all-integrated, tech-enabled event center and a wide spectrum of hands-on media courses accepted by the industry.
New Media Laboratory is truly a next generation media space that comes equipped with the latest production technologies and high dynamic range capabilities.
Located at Kallang Wave Mall, adjacent to EXP, Singapore’s Largest Esports centre, it features a full-fledged production and recording soundstage.
- Multifunctional and convertible training space
- Latest and most advanced training equipment
- Built for high dynamic range capabilities
- Ultra-fast 5G setup for borderless hybrid events
- Equipped to accommodate rigging set up for high-tech lighting infrastructures
We have collaborated with Esports Entertainment Asia (EEA), Singapore’s largest eSports experience center for build up New Media Lab with an aim to provide the media enthusiasts the ultimate training space to explore the latest in the industry.
This course is supported by UnUsUaL Productions Pte Ltd, one of Asia’s Largest Promotions and Productions Company, specializing in the production and promotion of large-scale live events and concerts by Asian and International artistes for more than 25 years.
- Principles of sound, hearing, and acoustics
- Types of audio signals and recording medium
- Types of accessories and sound recording equipment
- Performance characteristics of various types of microphones and sound recording equipment
- Techniques to operate microphones and sound recording equipment
- Safety precautions when handling equipment
- Set up audio equipment based on audio system design for the event to maximize the quality of audio reproduction and effects
- Test and finetune audio system set-up before production
- Perform basic sound monitoring and mixing to meet production requirements for the live event
Su Bun Hong, Simon
The Technical Director of ESPORTS ENTERTAINMENT ASIA (the initiator of Singapore’s largest Esports Experience Center), Mr. Simon demonstrates a robust experience of 20+ years of experience in Live events and concerts with audiences ranging from 8000 to 12000.
For almost 8 years Mr Simon has been associated with some of Singapore’s most famous events like Singapore Fireworks Festival, Chingay Parade, Anime Festival Asia, Youth Festival, Beer fest Asia, Laneway Festival and more.
He was the technical director of Asia’s Largest Beer Festival, BEERFEST ASIA and has also been working with some of the biggest A/V companies like UnUsUaL Productions, CSP Productions, Show Company etc.
The President of the Technical Theatre Association, Tony Kam is a renowned name in the entertainment industry in Singapore and Southeast Asia for more than 35 years.
He has been associated with many leading organizations like Unusual Productions, ITE Central Performing Arts Centre and Gateway Theatre as a AV product upgradation and design consultant.
Mr. Tony is also an Instructor for Technical Theatre Production at LaSalle College of the Arts. He has previously been the Director of the Singapore Armed Forces’ Music and Drama Company.
10 years of training experience with a Diploma in MICE and Conference Management. As a former GM of a renowned event management organization with global outreach, Mr. Naidu has supervised end-to-end Audio Visual operations and final video edits for live events.
- Have at least 2 GCE N Level subject passes
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WSQ Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 5
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WSQ Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 5
- Basic awareness of software systems and applications
Mode of Training
Total Training Duration
Training partnership with one of Singapore's leading industry players
Strong alumni portal of more than 140,000 students
Trainers have up to 20 years of industry experience
One of the leading institutions in Singapore since 2008
Course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
One of the leading institutions in Singapore since 2008
Hands-on session with latest equipment
Live demonstration of every feature and procedure
for classes starting from 1 Jan 2023
(up to 50% course fee subsidy)
(up to 70% course fee subsidy)
|Sound Engineering for Live Events
|Company-sponsored (Enhanced Training Support for SME)
Full Course Fee with GST before subsidy: $1917.00
Terms and Conditions:
*Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above may offset the payable course fees with SkillsFuture Credit.
*Singapore Citizens aged 21 to 31 may also offset payable course fees with the Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) Funds for self-sponsored courses.
All information is correct at the time of posting (16 November 2022). BELLS Academic Group Pte. Ltd. reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice at its own discretion.
Application fee will be waived upon
completion of programme
- Click on “See Class Schedule” to see the available dates.
- Choose the “Course Date” and click on “Checkout”
2. Application Fee
- Secure your slot by making a $30 application fee. This will be refunded upon completion of the 5-day programme.
- Your payment is acknowledged when you receive a WhatsApp message.
- The remaining course fee can be paid via SkillsFuture Credit or cash on the first day of class.
3. Start Class
- 1-2 weeks before the class start, you will receive a reminder call from our customer service hotline (+65 64733936).
- For verification, please bring your NRIC and SingPass login and arrive at 8.50am on your first day.
Enrol now at $30 (application fee)
Application fee will be waived upon completion of programme
Offset the payable course fee using your SkillsFuture Credit
Course Reference Number
Funding Validity Period
After 70% course fee subsidy